HP Envy Wireless Printer Setup
In case you don't know how to setup or install your HP Envy wireless printer then you follow our HP Envy Wireless Printer Setup wizard online. To setup an HP Envy wireless printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the HP Envy wireless printer to the wireless network, then install the HP printer driver and software from the HP website from a laptop or computer with Windows. When prompted during the printer installation, select Wireless as the connection type.
Step 1: Prepare for printer Setup and InstallationBefore setting up the HP Envy printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Gather the following items for next step:
- Network (WiFI) name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Network (WiFi) password: The WiFi password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- A computer or laptop connected to your wireless network.
- Internet access: We recommends broadband Internet access such as cable connection or DSL connections for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting HP printer updates.
- Make sure the WiFi router and computer both are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the HP Envy printer and place it near to your computer and within range of the router (Wifi) during the setup process.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from your HP Envy printer.
Step 2: Connect the HP Envy printer to the wireless networkThe HP Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your Hp Envy printer.
- On the HP Envy printer control panel, press the Wireless icon on the printer , and then press the button next to Settings.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
- The wireless wizard searches for and displays a list of available WiFi networks.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll to the name of your WiFi network, and then press OK.
- If the list does not contain your WiFi network name, then you can enter it manually.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll to Enter New Network Name, and then press OK.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the HP on-screen keyboard.
- When you finish entering the new WiFi network name, scroll down to Done and press OK.
- The Hp Envy printer attempts to connect to the WiFi network.
- When prompted on screen, enter the WEP or WPA key.
- Press the down arrow key to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard.
- When you finish entering the WEP key or WPA key, scroll down to Done and press OK to confirm settings.
- The Hp Envy printer attempts to connect to the network.
Step 3: Download and install the HP Envy Printer driver
- Download and install the most current version of your HP Envy printer’s full feature software from the HP website.
- Go to 123.hp.com.
- Enter your HP Envy printer model number in the search box, and then click Begin.
- Click Download option, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows 10 .
- Once the drivers are installed your HP Envy Printer Setup will Complete.
Call HP Printer Support
4.1 average based on 10 reviews.